“Ask yourself, if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow?”
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a powerful process that gives you the time, support and structure necessary to make changes in your life, achieve your goals and bridge the gap between where you are now and where you want to be in the future.
Coaching is not only focussed on what we want and how to get it, but addresses who we are. We must develop greater self-awareness before we can make decisions that are right for us, increase confidence and find a sense of purpose.
When this inner process is accompanied by focussed action, major change and transformation can occur.
However it is not always so simple. Often we are so overstretched and our minds so busy we can’t find clarity and many of us have unconscious blocks or beliefs that hold us back.
Therefore I have found it very useful to use other techniques such as Mindfulness or Emotional Freedom Technique (E.F.T.) to remove obstacles in our way and to integrate change at a deeper level. The result is greater ease, enjoyment, satisfaction and success.
What is my approach to coaching?
I want for you what you want for you, no judgements.
You set the agenda. I keep the thread to make sure you consider all aspects of your personality and life.
You have the answers. I will empower you to trust more in yourself to find your own solutions. I may make suggestions or provide tools but you decide what works for you.
You will create a strong foundation which means everything from looking at practical things like managing your time and clearing clutter, to encouraging you to slow down and reflect.
We can create a coaching process that combines other techniques such as Mindfulness meditation, and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique or Tapping) to get you moving forward more easily.
And don’t worry, I am not ‘new agey’ and we don’t have to sit cross-legged on the floor unless you want to! I have explored many different meditation techniques but what tools we use and how they form part of your process is entirely up to you.
You will do the Work but we will keep a sense of humour.
You may need to temporarily let go of goals and get off the treadmill of achievement. It’s inherent in today’s world to want more, do more and perform better at all times. This can be exhausting and lead to disconnection with our true nature.
Sometimes we have to allow ourselves to do less, before we can take on new projects with energy and enthusiasm. When we work in this way often new opportunities just appear and things seems to happen more easily.
Benefits of a Coaching Process
Coaching can help you:
- Define your new direction
- Change jobs or career or start up on your own
- Understand what’s blocking you from
having the life you want
- Reduce stress and access inner calm
- Develop skills, create new strategies
- Get organized and manage your time
- Create more abundance
- Increase self confidence and vitality
How does It Work?
A Coaching process is based on powerful conversations using a variety of different tools that challenge you to examine the ways you think and act, accept and transform your weaknesses, recognise and overcome the fears and beliefs that limit you, and acknowledge your strengths and the values that can support you.
Once you become more aware of yourself and where you want to be, you need to take full responsibility for getting there. In order to get a different result you have to start doing something different.
One of the most important aspects of coaching is focussed ACTION and in every session you will devise an Action Plan and commit to it. This commitment is an important part of building your self-confidence. Coaching offers an accountability structure which motivates you to actually do it.
My Clients are an inspiration, here are a few of their cases……
- The senior executive who left a big Spanish multinational to start her own company.
- The computer programmer who gave up her job to fulfil her dream to be an artist, moved country, sold her paintings and became an art teacher.
- A stressed out, multi-tasking mum on the verge of a nervous breakdown who turned it all around.
- The CEO who managed to spend more quality time with his family and recover his health.
- Professionals who moved jobs or changed careers without repeating the mistakes of the past.
- Men and women coming out of a major transition in their personal lives such as divorce, separation or a mid-life crisis who wanted to get back on track.
- Women who spent many years bringing up their children who wanted or needed to go back to work or create their own businesses.
Ready for the next step? Need more information? Let’s set up a conversation to find out more about how we can work together. Do give me a call or let me know the best time to contact you.