Julia Jane Tinney
The work I offer today as a Coach is the culmination of 20 years in personal development either with clients or for myself.
I am one of the few native English Coaches in Madrid and Spain, which means I get to work with people from all over the world and help others through processes I have, in many cases, already gone through. I’ve had a very varied working life which has changed direction several times. I started as an actress in London and between castings decided to pursue my interest in natural health and eventually worked in a clinic as a Reflexologist. This led me to explore many different forms of alternative health traditions to help my clients improve their health and manage stress. In 2001 I left London and travelled in India for 8 months practicing yoga and different forms of meditation. Then I settled in Spain and made Madrid my home.
Here, I ran a health food store, worked in property and taught English in a high school. I discovered Coaching in 2007 when I wanted to balance the demands of being a mother with a desire to find meaningful work where I could make a contribution. Since then, I have continued to train and help many clients create change in their life.
Along the way, many tools have helped me and like everyone, I have experienced the ups and downs of life. I discovered Mindfulness as a way to manage the anxiety I experienced during a separation after 20 years in a relationship. It was so helpful for me at this time of transition and still is in my daily life as a reminder to enjoy the simple things and connect fully with whatever arises in the present moment, which is why I integrate it into my work. Sometimes in life you are just surviving and getting through, but you can, like I did, get the help you need to really thrive and create a great life.
I am passionate about personal growth and committed to helping others.
As a result I have attended numerous courses and trainings, the most important of which are:
Certified Professional Coach with ASESCO (The Spanish Coaching Association) since 2008
Neuroscience for Coaches, Instituto de NeuroCoaching, Madrid 2019
- Mindfulness Consultant, Escuela Española de Desarrollo Transpersonal, Madrid
- Expert in Life Coaching, Instituto Europeo de Coaching, Madrid
- Core Essentials Coaching Program, Coach U, USA.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme, Nirakara y la Universidad de Complutense, Madrid
- Mindfulness and Compassion Care Training (CCT), Nirakara, Madrid
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Nirakara. Madrid
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique or ‘Tapping’) Madrid
- Practitioner in NLP, PNL Madrid
- Certified Innerlinks Facilitator for the Transformation Game, Findhorn Foundation, Scotland
- Reflexology Therapist, Central London School of Reflexology
- BA Hons Drama, Exeter University, UK
Coaching and Mindfulness are about connection so feel free to call me and find out how we could work together.